Monday, August 24, 2009

"Not My Child!" Monday.

Trying somehing new this week with MckMama. Being brutally honest about what our children didn't do and livng to tell about it.

I'm ready to end my hiatis from blogging with a fun "Not My Child!" post about what my kids didn't do. Unfortunately, if my child didn't do something, it probably means that his/her mom may or may not have shared some of the responsibility of it. So this post may also be a "Not Me!" post entertwined with the other. Let me show you what I mean...

This week it was not my children who had a water fight in the house. Even if they had it would not have consisted of mainly toilet water that they used to spread their joy. That might just disgust me! Not my children!

Their non-existent water fight did not also include soaking the bathroom rugs, the decorative shower curtain, wash cloths, some kitchen towels and dish rags, and a toilet brush. Oh no! That was not my children!

During their toilet water battle (puking in my mouth a bit, you?), they did not leave the confines of the bathroom and drench the carpets in the hallway, their bedroom, the living room and stairs. And the certainly wouldn't have had time to waterlog the couch or the lower bunk bed. Nope! Certainly NOT my children!

As for me, I was NOT blissfully unaware of their shenaningans, because I would have been watching them very closely and NOT ignorantly playing a video game on my computer, downstairs. I would never leave a 2 year old and a 4 year old unattended long enough to wreak such havoc! I did not hear any amount of screams, running and door slamming while I was playing my game, and I certainly wouldn't have tried to ignore it. No sir, not me!

Upon finally coming out of my deep denial that anything bad might be happening upstairs, I so did NOT get instantly and furiously angry when I surveyed the damage. I was not so angry that I deamed it best to lock my children in their room, and lock myself in another room and call my husband home from work for diaster relief. Nope, I am a calm, easy going, self-controlled mom that would laugh this off. That was not me!

See now wasn't that fun? What was it your child didn't do this week? Feel free to leave me a comment if you post so I can visit your blog or leave your own "Not My Child!" in the comments and be sure to check out MckMama's blog to see what other people's children didn't do this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment