Monday, November 30, 2009

"Not Me!" Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

This past week was a whirlwind, what with laundry, packing and driving 13 hours to spend Thanksgiving with extended family. I'm certain that I did not do anything that I wouldn't want anyone to know about.

I did not mistakenly assume that my washing machine was going out when the sprinkler system drain hose got knocked out of the drain and made the laundry room floor all wet. Nope, I'm a logical person and always check things out. I was not completely disappointed when we learned that we did not need a new washer. Not me!

I so did not throw a little hissy fit at Thanksgiving dinner when the family started to sing the traditional prayer before I had my phone ready to video record it. I am really more mature than to roll my eyes, and slam my phone down on the table, in the middle of said prayer. That was SO not me!

Oh, and you know how when we were kids driving down the highway on a long trip we would pass semis and get them to honk by mimicking pulling the chain for the blow horn? Yeah, I so did not do that to the driver of a passenger van, who looked at me like I was completely insane! Nope, not me!

What didn't you do this week?

3 comments:

  1. I still do that with big trucks, don't feel bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, your washing machine issue was a lot like my carpet one. I hired a steam cleaner and had said if it didn't look GREAT, not good, but GREAT, I'd have to rip it out and put down wood--it looked great. I'm still stuck with carpet. :/

    I also like the hissy fit at dinner, it happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karina, your post made me smile. Thank you so much for remembering our baby girl today. And especially donating blood in her memory today. That makes my heart so happy to know her memory lives on. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete