Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sharing Grief.

This week has been a week of sharing the grief of others. While I am at a joyful, fulfilled place in my life right now, I am also sharing the burdens of my friends. I share them with you today so that you may also pray the name of Jesus over these dear ladies, that their hearts may be comforted. For it is those who know sorrow, grief and pain that can help shoulder the burden of such in the lives of others.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort. ~1 Corinthians 1:3-7 NIV


These are the burdens I'm sharing:

Linny, at A Place Called Simplicity, has a dear family friend, "K", who is suffering in a situation that only God miraculously intervene to rescue her. Linny has the biggest heart I believe I've ever met.

Second is Jami who said goodbye to her precious, unborn daughter, Eisley, this week after a long battle to save her life.

And third, my friend, "C", who just a few weeks ago shared great excitement with me over expecting twins, and shared with me this morning that her twins also went to be with Jesus this week. Her second miscarriage this year.

Dear friends, I have grieved great loss nearly alone, and it is overwhelming. God didn't mean for us to suffer alone, isolated and imprisoned by our grief. He made us to share in suffering, because suffering together, sharing each others' burdens makes the burden lighter, life's blows softer, God's presence palpable.

You may not know these dear ladies, but you can pray the love of Jesus over them, pray His peace and share in their sufferings so that the comfort of Christ may flow over into their lives. God bless you, and if you have a burden that you would like to share, please feel free to leave a comment or to e-mail me. I will gladly pray over your burdens too.

Photobucket