Tuesday, May 4, 2010

This is the Life...

My life right now is exhausting. I am working 5 nights per week at Krispy Kreme Donuts, from 10pm until 2 am. It takes me about an hour after getting home to wind down enough to go to bed.

Each week day morning I have 2 extra kids. One of them is 4th grade and goes to school at 8:10 with my Bigs and the other is in Kindergarten and I take him to school after feeding him lunch, at 12:30.

Since I am only getting 4 or so hours of sleep at night, I try to nap when the littles go down for their nap. It hasn't been happening on a regular basis because we are a family of 7 and we have many appointments. Lately, we have had dentist appointments, cleanings, fillings and more fillings. :( boooo. We've also had many check ups and I am seeing a new chiropractor, which means more appointments.

My mom recently had surgery on her foot and is in a non-weight-bearing cast. She is more mobile than she was 5 weeks ago, but she needs help showering. I happen to be her only daughter, AND her husband is not physically well enough to help, so it falls to me to go as often as I can to give her a shower. Don't take this as complaining, it's not. In light of my friend Heather who suddenly lost her mom, Margaret, the job of spending time helping my mom is something I have chosen to be joyful about.

There are also the ministry areas that I am involved in. Youth group. Choir. "And If Not" band, which I need to post about.

That's my life right now. I'm not complaining, it's a wonderful, blessed, full life. It's just if you check my blog waiting for 10 days to post something new and exciting, I wanted you to know why it might take me that long to post new stuff. There's just not much time for blogging right now. :( booooo.

Photobucket