Monday, July 26, 2010

Church on the Beach.



Four Square Church of Quepos meets on the beach each Sunday.

With the exception of the bees buzzing around the juice and doughnuts, I really can't imagine it could be any more perfect of a setting to gather with brothers and sisters in Christ to worship and hear the Word of the Lord. A gentle breeze blowing. The sound of the waves as they tumble over themselves and wash up on the sand. The view of the Pacific stretching as far as the eye can see to where it meets with the blue expanse of the sky. Add the sound of a well-played guitar or two and the voices of those who love The Creator with their arms lifted toward the heavens, singing from the depth of hearts that have been forgiven.





Perfection.


It could only possibly get better when the pastor pronounces the benediction, "Go enjoy God's creation!"

Yesterday was one of the highlights of my trip.

Tonight we will pack up, take a 3 hour bus ride back to San Jose, and board an airplane headed for home. I have to say, as hard as we have worked this week, as much as we have sweated, as much as I miss my husband and boys, I am not ready for this week to be over. I don't think I have ever felt like I didn't want to go home at the end of a trip (vacation or missions). But I can say it now. I don't want to leave yet.

(Honey, quick pack up the boys and come join us! Just kidding, sort of, not really, yeah, just kidding. I'll see you at the airport tomorrow.)

Oh, and a note to anyone else reading... I have lots more to share about our trip that there just wasn't time to share this week, more pictures and stories, so stay tuned.

Photobucket