Sunday, July 18, 2010

Packing Up and Heading Down...

...to Costa Rica, that is!

Our youth group is going on a mission trip to Costa Rica. There we will be working at 2 work sites. One job is building a pole barn for a saw mill that helps to rehabilitate addicts, and get them back on their feet while sharing the Good News of Jesus with them. The other job site will be building an elementary school. In the evenings we will be teaching Vacation Bible School for the local children and hosting Sports Camp for the youth in 2 local churches.

I am unbelievably excited!

I would love to know that my Christian internet friends are praying for our group. Here are some specific things that you can pray for:

*Pastor Mike (our youth leader), who is struggling with health issues, kidney stones.
*Unity for our group.
*Safe travel for the 70 people going.
*Our attitudes and actions would glorify and please God at all times.
*Letha would not be bitten by ants or mosquitoes (she's allergic).

If you will commit to praying for us this week, from now until we return on Tuesday, July 27, please leave a comment here. I am hoping that the internet service will be sufficient for me to post pictures and updates. I will however be "fasting" from Facebook, though any of my tweets from twitter will update my status there, I won't be checking Facebook until I return home.

Blessings to you!

Photobucket