Thursday, November 11, 2010

Another Year Older.

I'd like to say that I'm 25 years old today. I'm not, but I'd like to say it. I'm 25 years old. There, I said it. It's a lie, but I only feel 25, so it's not a complete lie, right?

Actually, I'm blessed to have been given 41 years of life today. I don't exactly know how I got to be this old (old being a relative term). But I do know that the last year has probably been the best, and most certainly has been the most full of growth and personal change.

God has, more quickly than I could ever have imagined, been changing me, moving me, pushing me, stretching me, growing me, and drawing me into a deeper and deeper love for Him. The things that I have learned this year have brought me to a new awareness of who I am, who God is and the urgency to step outside myself and actually spread the Gospel of Jesus. And to mentor and encourage others to do the same.

It's the speed at which these changes have happened in me that compel me to believe that time truly is short. It's time to speak up. And, I don't mean politically. It's time to get out of our church pews, to live the life we say we believe and DO what Jesus commanded we do. It is not enough to love God. It is not enough to merely study His Word. For, if we love Him and hear His Word, then we must be compelled by that love and His words to do whatever is necessary to tell others. NOW!

I'm broken. I'm flawed. I'm selfish and prideful. I'm shy. Oh my word, am I shy! I'm a mess. A big mess. BUT, I love Jesus. More. Than. Anything. Even. Myself.

So, here it is...
God created us to love Him, to know Him. Man sinned, disobeyed God and our sin compels us to run and hide from God. So, God sent His son, Jesus, to take our sin and disobedience away, so that we can come to God, stop hiding and learn how much He loves us, and learn again how to love Him. All you have to do is believe this, and tell God that you want Jesus to take away your sin, and He will. And in place of your sin He will give you eternal life with Him. It's that simple, but it's not a decision to make lightly. God doesn't want just part of you, He wants all of you. Everything. Your earthly life in exchange for eternal life. Think about it.

So, happy birthday to me! And happy eternity to you!

Photobucket