Sunday, May 31, 2009

"Not Me!" Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I am not completely stumped about what I didnt do this week. It's not because I can't actually remember anything that happened. I am not getting old and senile so badly that I can only remember what happened the last few days of this week. Nope, I have a mind like a steel trap! Not me!

In anticipation of trying to conceive our fourth child many years ago, I did not so completely desire to have another girl that I went out long before I ever got pregnant (like 3 years) and buy a very PINK outfit, headband and blanket from Gymboree. Wouldnt that be ridiculous to buy a very gender specific set? While searching my nightstand for reading material one night, I did not come across the layette set that I had utterly forgotten about (you know, after having added two BOYS to the family, and having put it there six or seven years previously) Upon seeing the outfit and remembering how deeply I wanted another girl, and knowing that we will not be having anymore babies, I did not totally lose myself in the grief of it and spend not one, but two nights crying myself to sleep while snuggling the cutest pink baby outfit I've ever seen. Who could be such a sap? Not me!

When I got a call late Saturday night from the music director asking me to sing on the praise team in church Sunday morning, it was not totally a dream come true. Among other things I did not begin to worry about what I would wear because it seems like the praise team always coordinates their colors. I did not put 3 different outfits and 2 pair of shoes in my car just in case I didn't match. No way, that is so superficial and prideful. Not me!

I'm so glad I could be brutally honest about the things I have not done this week. Join in the fun and tell us what you didn't do!

No comments:

Post a Comment