Monday, January 4, 2010

"Not Me!" Monday.

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Ringing in a new year is always a treat, though it does make me feel old. We celebrated this year with my bestie, Penny, and her family. She was having her in-laws bring some furniture for her daughter and we decided that painting while removing the old furniture would make sense. But we did not rush to the paint store in her small mountain town at 5 pm. on New Year's Eve expecting to find it open for business. We certainly weren't surprised to learn that they had closed at 4 pm. Nope, not us!

When painting became a non-option, my bestie suggested that we take down her Christmas decorations instead. I did not flat out refuse to help her in that task! Come on! After all the things my bestie and I have done for each other, I would never refuse to help with such a menial task. Not me!

We fixed two pots of chili that night, one spicy and one mild, both equally full of beans. Later while relaxing in the hot tub with the jets off, I certainly did not try to hide the fact that I was passing gas at an alarming rate! My bestie was not sitting on the opposite side of the hot tub doing the exact same thing. We did not laugh hysterically about it when we discovered our problem was mutual. We are much more refined ladies than that! That was so NOT US!

Happy New Year! Now tell me, what was it you didn't do while celebrating 2010?!

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha- You and your bestie sound like me and my bestie!!!

    ReplyDelete