Friday, February 5, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake......Mix!

This is Izaak. He got dressed this morning, mostly by himself. He was hungry. He got tired of waiting for Mommie to come fix breakfast.


He went to the kitchen and I heard lots of crinkling. I couldn't imagine what he was into. It sounded like chips, but we don't have any in the house right now. I thought it was probably the bag in the cereal box. Cereal is what we normally have for breakfast.


I called Izaak out of the kitchen. He had powdery crumbs on his face. Maybe he was eating coffee cake from Wednesday's Bible study brunch. Did we have any left? Kevin said he was eating CHOCOLATE cake. Hmmm a boy after my own heart, but it's not possible he could be eating chocolate cake because we don't have any.


I took him back into the kitchen and discovered, Kevin knew what he was talking about. Chocolate cake. Mix. I made Izaak climb back up for some pictures. He was confused and not really happy that he'd been found out. He would not eat more while I was watching him. The thrill was gone. Or, he didn't want to invite trouble.


Hmmm. German chocolate. Not what I consider real chocolate, but it's fine as long as you don't put coconut frosting all over it, which you didn't. Good boy! Daddy's favorite, but I won't tell him you ate his cake[mix]. His birthday isn't for another 8 1/2 months, we can get another.


No, Iz[eyes] you're not in trouble. This time.


Photobucket