Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Tradition #5 ~ Jingle Bell Sunday!

(note: I'm hoping to blog our favorite (top 10) Christmas traditions. I'm starting with #5 because it happened today and I will try to go back and fill in the ones that have already happened.)

Jingle Bell Sunday!


This is the day when all of the pre-school kids at church, birth to Kindy, parade around and through the sanctuary to the music of "Come on! Ring Those Bells!" while they ring their jingle bells. This year was our 13th year in a row to participate!

I love this tradition at our church! It just strikes me as this beautiful, simple, charming and sometimes hilariously funny way to involve these tiny ones in the worship service. And it ain't a bad way to show off your precious babies to your friends either! ;)


There's just something magical about the sound of hundreds of jingling bells and the looks on the faces of the children as they get excited and/or forget to jingle their bells! It warms the heart. I enjoy every minute of it and cherish it closely in my heart as I know there are only 5 more years until our youngest child outgrows this particular tradition. (now that's a sobering thought)

No comments:

Post a Comment