Sunday, November 2, 2008

In Memory of Chuck Foster.

My dad's cousin, Rosalie, is a dear friend of mine and a fellow mother of twins. Through e-mail and phone calls her sense of humor and caring spirit got me through the "fog" years of infant and toddler twins. At one point I felt compelled to fly out with my MSC (many small children) to meet Rosalie and her husband Chuck in person.

Yesterday, I was shocked to learn, that while on a business trip to China, Chuck passed away. The cause of his death is as of now, unknown.

The memories I have of Chuck are few, but sweet. On my visit with Chuck and Rosalie I found Chuck to be a sweet, kind, gentle man. Each night he and Rosalie sat in their living room with the lights turned down low and enjoyed a cup of tea and each other's company. During my visit I was welcomed into this quaint ritual with open arms. It was just a time to reflect on the joys of the day, and be.

The last time I saw Chuck was at a family reunion. He was in the process of building a car from a kit, a little 2 seated roadster of sorts. It was his "baby" and he had a wonderful time sharing pictures with the family.

I am shocked at his sudden passing, and deeply grieved for my dear Rosalie. I know Chuck will be sorely missed by his family and friends.

May you rest in peace, Chuck. <3

********
I spoke to Rosalie on the phone just after posting this. She, understandably, is hurting deeply. But, she said something to me that bears repeating: Always say "Goodbye" as if it is the last time you will see each other, and say "Hello" with thankfulness that it wasn't. These are words to live by, and something that she and Chuck practiced. My deepest sympathies and love to you, Rosalie.

No comments:

Post a Comment