Sunday, November 30, 2008

"Not Me!" Monday!



It's that time of week again, and I am going to be prepared! I'm hoping Mck Mama will host another blog carnival of "Not Me!" Monday, and chance for all of us to be brutally honest by confessing what we have "not" done. If you want to join in, click the button above and see what this craziness is all about!

This week it is not my goal to be in the first 100 "Not Me!" posts on Mck Mama's blog!

On Thursday I did not get mad at my BFF and get equally catty with her when she griped at everyone for leaving the whipped cream out after having pie. I did not think that she was unjustified because she had just as much responsibility as anyone else to put it away. And I did NOT tell her to drop it because I had paid for the whipped cream in the first place! That would be catty! I am not catty! Nope, not me!

I did not make my son sit in the car, while his family and friends went sledding, because he had lost his hat. I am not a mean mom who expects my 10 year old to be responsible for dressing himself properly for the weather/activities at hand and applies logical consequences unbendingly. Certainly, not me!

I am not such a dork that I was giddy as a schoolgirl at the ballet. I did not THREE times wrongly proclaim, "This must be the dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy!" because I was SO anxious to see it. My musical memory did not fail me in recognizing the song those three times. I'm sure my own mother does not think I'm a dork. Of course, by the time the actual "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" came along, I was not completely embarrassed to the point of keeping my mouth shut. Certainly, that was NOT ME!

I did not edit this post to add: It is not 1:40 am. And I do not have to get up to walk with my husband at 5:45 am. And I have not spent the last hour and 40 minutes reading "Not Me!"s. And I certainly did NOT post a very long embarrassing story on this complete stranger's blog! That was certainly, NOT ME!!

It has been a great week and I'm so glad that I didn't do any of those things! What did you not do?

5 comments:

  1. i like the whipped cream story. we usually don't have any left over after pie because we LOVE it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my the sugar plum fairy not me seriously cracked me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too funny- I love the Sugar Plum Fairy too. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHhhahaha! Well, we are certainly NOT complete strangers NOW are we? I loved your not me's they are so... uh, not ME either!! Have a fantastic week (and get a nap, will ya?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that was good. :) Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete