Monday, February 16, 2009

"Not Me!" Monday Tuesday.


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

My brain is not so fried from my busy week that I can't remember a single thing I didn't do, but I will for the sake of any readers out there squeeze my grey matter until something comes out!

I did not make my 3 year old strip, wash, dry and remake his bed after he wet it last week. I did not get so frustrated with his behavior that same day that I yelled at him and scared my 19 month old baby. The baby was not so surprised by my behavior that he sat completely still on the living room floor for a FULL five minutes just looking at me. This certainly did not happen the day after starting a parenting class at church! I totally do NOT need a class like that, nope, not me!
The manager at Del Taco does not know us by name. He also does not have our regular order memorized. And he did not check with me this week, when he didn't see the little boys to make sure they were there.
They have a little "Wheel of Fortune" there on Wednesdays that you spin to get a coupon for your next visit. I have never cheated when spinning the wheel to make it land on a churro coupon. I don't use those coupons on the same visit. And the manager did not ask me last week if I would like to spin the wheel or just have a churro coupon. If you saw that happen, it was not me!!

I was not a FULL half an hour late to meet a friend for coffee this week. I did not step out of the shower and realize that at that moment I should have been pulling out of the driveway, instead of stepping out of the shower. I did not let my boys out of the stroller at the mall and get so busy talking to my friend that I almost lost my little Iz, on the escalator no less. I did not get nasty stares from the people near the escalator who thought I should have been watching my son more closely. Nope, that was totally not me!

I'm sure there was more that I didn't do this week, I just can't remember. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Karina! I LOVE your blog... it always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karina,

    Love, love, love your blog!!! You are an amazing writer. Seriously. I am not kidding. Yes, you are.

    It's funny, seeing you and talking to you and meeting your incredible family was absolutely THE HIGHLIGHT of my trip to Denver! You don't know how I wish you could come out and spend some time with Claire. You two would have so much fun! We will definitely have to plan a trip for you and your family to San Diego...

    OK, here goes:

    I did NOT, driving a vehicle fully equipped with a rear-view camera, back into a utility box doing $1300 of damage to my car last week. I did NOT fail to remember that for the rear-view camera to work, it has to be ON. No, not me! I would never do that!

    I did NOT slip and fall like a klutz on the ice in Chicago in Monday! No, I am much too coordinated for that!

    You ARE practicing, right?

    ReplyDelete