Sunday, January 25, 2009

Two Completely Unrelated Subjects.


I had the pleasure of going to a Selah
concert last night. I know a little of their music, but mostly I "know" Angie, the wife of lead singer Todd Smith. Angie writes the fabulous blog Bring the Rain. Her blog was recommended to me by friends when we first found out about Mason's T18. I know I spent that whole first day laying in bed with my laptop reading Angie's blog start to finish that first day, weeping, laughing, rejoicing and grieving, knowing that my dear niece would experience something similar and hoping that God would walk as closely to her and give her as bountiful a measure of grace and peace in the journey.

I knew (from her blog) that Angie had come to Colorado for an interview with Focus on the Family, so I figured she would be at the concert, and I hoped to have the opportunity to meet her and tell her how much her writing has helped us through these last months. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that Todd would call the "Sundays" to join him on the stage, nor that we would SING with Selah!!! It was SO fun. I love to sing and though there was some comic relief to the song, it was a blast!

During intermission, I got to meet Angie and take a few pictures. After the concert I had a few minutes to talk to her to tell her how much her blog has touched our lives. SO COOL!!!! Thanks Angie! That was a night to remember.


Secondly, and totally unrelated....

My baby got his very first, much needed, but happened WAY TO SOON haircut!
Six months ago this boy had no hair to speak of. The last month I have had countless strangers ask about my little 'girl'. {rolling eyes} I fail to see why they think he looks like a girl when he's wearing a plaid shirt and overalls with little hiking boots. Um, hello?
Yes, I've been putting off the inevitable. He's my baby. My last baby. I don't want
him to grow up so fast. He's my baby! Now he looks like a little man. Bit by bit my little surprise miracle baby is slipping away and becoming more and more of a little boy. I refuse to even think beyond toddlerhood.

Izaak started out well. He thought the dinosaur was cool. He was a little disturbed about having cold water sprayed on his head, but he got through it, no problem. After about 5 minutes of combing and clipping he was DONE. He stood up on the footrests of the dinosaur and started screaming. Izaak doesn't just cry, he screeches. We did get him calmed down, but that's another post
(*hint* tomorrow is Monday!) So, we got done. I have a few little locks for his baby book and my album. And now he looks like a little boy and less like a baby.





1 comment:

  1. AHHHHHHHHH...I am soooooo jealous!!

    I have become a huge fan of Selah since reading Angie's blog. I remember emailing you the blog addy and wondering if it was going to help and or hinder the journey you were willing to take with Amber and Brian. I am so glad it helped.

    Next time your heading to a Selah concert and my children do not have pneumonia I'm on the first plane to Colorado!!!

    I have my card for Amber and Brian I just did not get it in the mail due to what has been going on here so I'll do that today.

    ReplyDelete