Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Two Simple Requests.

I'm not sure this is the right time to do this. I'm not sure it's not. But I have been mulling the idea over in my head since I last posted. And I've decided to go for it.

There are two things:

The first is this, Amber and Brian feel that Mason was here for a reason. Part of that reason was to change them. But, I have heard them say many times that they know their son was here to make a difference in this world. I'm sure that they would love to know that their son's life was significant. In that regard, I would like to host a "Card Shower" for them.
If this baby and the story of the miracle of his short life touched your life, would you send them a card to tell them about it. Please, e-mail me for the address. (Please be very sensitive in what you say, keeping your comments to how Mason touched your life)

Secondly, there were two organizations that have helped in a MONUMENTAL way. Amber, Brian and the whole family would be so blessed if part of Mason's legacy was to help others through similar circumstances.

String of Pearls - provided and continues to provide unimaginable support. They have helped with anticipatory grief counseling, provided a keepsake box and Mommy care kit, helped insure that medical/hospital staff were informed about Amber and Brian's situation, helped formulate a birth plan and baby care plan, and organized details for NILMDTS photographers and the funeral home, and they will continue to follow-up with Amber and the family for the next two years. More than that, they offered love, understanding and friendship. Really, we can't say enough about their care.

Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep - this is an organization of professional photographers who give selflessly of their time and services to provide families with fatal diagnoses of fetal and infant loss with precious, priceless portraits of their babies. Our particular photographer gave studio time to Amber so that she would have maternity portraits as well as spending hours and HOURS at the hospital at the time of Mason's birth to make sure that we would have more than enough pictures of our sweet baby Mason.

If you'd like to continue Mason's legacy by donating in his name to one or both of these incredible organizations it would mean so much to the family, but also to the families that String of Pearls and NILMDTS will help walk this road in the future.

Please, don't feel obligated to do anything. But, if you do decide to participate, I thank you in advance.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you! Always the Auntie on the move. what a great idea for you to offer. If you send me the address I will make my way out in a few days and get a store bought card. If I was a crafty gal I would make one here..... maybe someday.

    We will also be hooking up with SOP or NILMDTS and giving for Mason and so many more.

    ReplyDelete